BEGINNING.


Like the many circumstances in my world, I underwent Psycho Week a few years back and as that cartoon says, deleted everything (As far as remembering passwords are concerned). A small part of me regrets that act because just like every painting I've done and burned in the past, they are memories, encapsulated in one form or another. Photographs are the most concrete form of memory in my book, since it captures moments in stills. I lack the appreciation for memories at times. Sometimes, I just want to forget, and to forget I did.

Now that I am far away from home and making new memories, I feel that these new memories will overlap the old ones and over time, just completely be done with remembering the past. I’m done with erasing the life that was. Maybe this is part of the Quarter Life Crisis, or maybe I’m just pretty baked for the most part of the 24 hours in a day and have nothing better to do with my life but trip out on every single thing that I can trip out on.

Which brings us to this. It’s an ongoing project that started out as a way to make Throwback Thursdays hashtags on Instagram for I lack the proof of such instances in my life to publicly display on social media. So I brought back the Jobellina Toons. To people that have known me through the years, you’re probably quite familiar with these cartoons (It’s the product of a lot of weed and a project that I had to do for General Psychology back in college, which I did the day before the deadline. Can you make a guess on who got an A?). They’re made in Microsoft Powerpoint, anyone can do it. All you need is a lot of imagination to figure out the potential of an Auto Shape. The idea for a Throwback cartoon kept evolving and evolving until I've settled on just putting up a blog so I won’t have to do it on a weekly basis.

The plan is, to ask people for memories of me and them, turn that into a cartoon and in the process of doing so, jog up my memory. Or use up my own memories and refresh another person’s memory.

Or can we just put it this way? But I’m gonna be a Harry Potter geek here for a moment:


This is my personal Pensieve.